Since its founding in 1939, Pershing has been recognized as a Wall Street innovator. Initially, Pershing’s vision centered on providing trade execution and clearing services to financial services firms located outside of the New York metropolitan area. Another early decision that set the firm apart was to establish a presence in strategic zones on the floor of the NYSE, a move designed to ensure that the firm provided customers with fast, efficient trade execution. Pershing serves clients in approximately 40 countries, with thousands of dedicated employees located in 23 offices worldwide.
Pershing LLC, Member FINRA, NYSE, and SIPC, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BNY Mellon, the nation’s oldest continuously-operating bank, and one of the world’s leading providers of securities services. BNY Mellon is a global investments company, dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management, products, and services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets.
As of December 31, 2019, Pershing has approximately $2.0 trillion in global client assets held in custody.* The parent company, The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation, has $35.2 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.8 trillion in assets under management.^
Pershing Website Resources
- BNY Mellon At A Glance
- Pershing At A Glance
- Pershing NetXInvestor (Client Brokerage Account Log-in Access)
- Pershing’s Statement of Financial Condition
- Pershing’s Strength and Stability
- Pershing Working Behind the Scenes (02/2017)
- Pershing eDelivery of Client Statements (09/2020)
Client Account Protection
Understanding the Protection of Client Assets
- Understanding the Protection of Client Assets – Pershing Strength/Stability Fact Sheet
- Understanding the Protection of Client Assets (02/2020) – SIPC/Excess SIPC
- Maximize the Benefits of Holding Securities in a Brokerage Account (02/2020)
- Take Control by Consolidating Your Assets (02/2020)
SIPC / Excess SIPC Protection
- SIPC Website
- How SIPC Protects You Brochure (2015)
- Pershing SIPC/Excess SIPC (Lloyd’s) (Info at bottom of Pershing’s “Strength and Stability” webpage)
- Lloyd’s of London
Please review the current Account Terms of Service on the Policies & Disclosures page. Brokerage accounts are carried by and transactions are cleared by Pershing, LLC, a Bank of New York Mellon company.
Sources: * Pershing.com, Sept. 30, 2020. ^ BNYMellon.com, Mar. 31, 2020.
Any web links being provided are strictly as a courtesy to our clients. When you link to any of the sites provided here, you are leaving our site. Our company makes no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at these sites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, sites, information, and programs made available through this site. We do not necessarily endorse or accept any liability/responsibility for the content or use of these sites. Please view our Policies & Disclosures page.