In addition to being a FINRA Member Broker-Dealer, Northland is also a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) with the Securities Exchange Commission, conducting RIA business as Northland Asset Management. This allows our Investment Adviser Representatives (IARs) to offer numerous advisory products and services, including a wide selection of third-party asset managers, and fee for financial planning services. A fee-based asset management approach allows you to negotiate and establish the quarterly asset management fee, moving away from the traditional commission environment and resulting in an alignment of advisor compensation with a growing investment portfolio.
Clients of Northland Asset Management are also able to develop portfolios that respect their core social and moral values. Portfolios may be structured to support goals such as environmental progress, health and well-being, animal rights, and a host of other personalized considerations.
- Client Interest: Fee-based pricing aligns the advisor’s compensation with the success of the portfolio.
- Objectivity: Because the advisor is compensated based on the value of the client assets, you can be assured of unbiased recommendations of investment products.
- Reporting: Activity for each separate account is detailed monthly in brokerage statements from a third-party custodian, along with quarterly performance reports.
- Improved Tax Management: When assets are held in a separately managed account (SMA), investment positions are not pooled as in a mutual fund and receive individual cost basis. This can result in better tax management through buy and sell decisions of individual investments.
Northland Asset Management Customized Managed Investment Portfolios
Your Northland Financial Professional can help you decide which asset manager and which investment approach you need to reach your destination. With multiple asset management approaches, we can help you choose an appropriate money manager. The program also combines operations resources, including quarterly performance reporting, consolidated account reporting, and online account access. At Northland, we have access to many of the premier portfolio managers in the financial services arena.
Talk with a Northland Investment Adviser Representative today about customized managed account solutions through Northland Asset Management to see how you can:
- Improve your investment performance and gain access to some of the same money managers used by the largest pension plans, endowments, and institutions
- Create improved tax management in the overall portfolio, with tax efficiencies developed from selection of appropriate asset management services
- Transfer the day-to-day investment decisions to a trusted third-party
- Control fees and expenses with the transparency offered by Northland Asset Management
Registration as an Investment Adviser Representative does not imply a certain level of skill or training. A full text of Northland’s Code of Ethics is available upon request. Go to the Policies & Disclosures page for more information and the RIA Form ADV/Program Brochure.